We are OPEN see details below for special hours. Tax forms and instruction booklets are HERE!
Hey, I’m Kyle the YA Librarian at The Free Library of Monroe Township. Thanks for checking out our teen page!
If you want to know a little bit about me, or want to follow this section on other platforms, please check out “About the Librarian”.
If you want to stay up to date on all the fun things we have going on, Follow Us.
If you came to check out some of our great teen resources, just Click Here.
If you are interested in finding out how to volunteer and help out, check out our Volunteering section.
Spring is in the air… And April Teen Activity Bags are here! Stop by The Free Public Library of Monroe Township or call 856-629-1212 ext 211 to reserve yours! 🐰🌳🌎🌺🎬🦸🎭
While supplies last. For ages 12-19.
#mtplteens #springactivities #getcrafty #mtplteensAPRILchallenge🏆
Posted by Monroe Teens on Monday, March 29, 2021
Hey my name is Kyle. I’m the new youth/teen librarian at the Monroe Township Library.
If you’re looking for info on all the teen-related stuff happening in the library, you’re in the right place! I’ll frequently post updates here about upcoming programs, book recommendations, activities and other relevant topics throughout the year.
When I’m not librarian-ing, I do other stuff too!
Some of my interests are: reading, writing, taking my dog for hikes, playing disc golf, dancing, and Netflix-bingeing.
I love to hear from the teens in our community, and I’ll gladly accept any suggestions for books, programs, services, etc. If you’re near the library, come stop in and say hi! I can’t wait to meet all of you!
Don’t hesitate to e-mail me with any questions: email@example.com
And feel free to follow me on Goodreads
Thanks for reading!
Each year, Goodreads chooses a selection of the best books from several different genres and allows users to vote for their favorites. These were the nominees and winners for Young Adult Fiction.
Book Finder is an amazing resource with book lists curated by teen librarians. You can search by awards, author, genre and more.
Check this list out if you’re into graphic novels (comics/manga) and you’re looking for more to read. YALSA publishes a new graphic novel list yearly.
Check out this list for books that have been recognized for exemplifying excellence in young adult literature.
The library can help teens and young adult achieve their volunteer community service hour goals. Please note that while we always welcome applications, there are limits to the number of available openings the Library may have at a given time. We will keep your application on file. Thank you for your interest.
- Be least 14 years of age.
- Commit to a regular schedule and be available to volunteer at least 1-2 hours a week. (Available hours are often in the late afternoon/early evening).
- Have the ability to work alone or with others. (Feel free to apply in groups. Having two friends work together makes the time go faster!)
- Relabeling project- changing the call numbers by creating new labels and adhering them to the books.
- Applying barcode, call number and location stickers to books.
- Gently peeling off old labels or "new" stickers.
- Placing book carts in order alphabetically or by call number.
- Setting up meeting rooms for various library programs.
- Shifting the collection to make the books fit better on the shelves.
- Shelf reading (making sure the books are in order by using this handy guide HERE, please print and bring along with you.)
PleaseCLICK HERE for the Volunteer Form.
CLICK TO CLOSE